CPG is keenly aware of its responsibility to protect the long-term value of its legacy and the well being of those who make their living from it. We work with our customers to improve the social and environmental standards and minimise the impact of our activities.
Our commitment to sustainable development is underpinned by our three core values - commercialism, integrity and stewardship. These values are reflected in the specific objectives we seek to achieve in our corporate responsibility programme:
The Way We Do Business
We are keen to ensure that the way we do business protects and enhances the value of our assets and income streams for current and future generations. In order to achieve this we will continue to:
- - Identify and prioritise our most significant risks and opportunities, and ensure that these are effectively managed across all our operations.
- - Adopt the best modern working practices, work efficiently and demonstrate value for money.
- - Deal honestly and fairly with all the people that we come into contact with.
- -Inform our advisors, contractors and suppliers of our corporate responsibility commitments and work with them to achieve our objectives.
In order to be good people to do business with, it is essential for us to understand and be responsive to the needs of our customers and tenants. We aim to understand their businesses, their concerns and their priorities. In order to achieve this we will continue to:
- - Act as responsible by providing our customers with a good quality service, choice and flexibility.
- - Ensure that our services are accessible to a variety of people and aim to provide safe and secure working environments.
- - Communicate with our customers, seek their feedback and respond to their views.
- - Treat customers as we would wish to be treated ourselves.
- - Work with our customers to act responsibly with regard to the environment and local communities.
One of our strengths lies in the quality of the people we employ. We aim to ensure that our employees are always treated fairly and are fulfilled in their work. In order to achieve this we will continue to:
- - Provide clarity and consistency in our employment policies and practices.
- - Fairly remunerate employees for their contribution to our business and sustainability objectives.
- - Support equal opportunities for all.
- - Maintain strong communication channels between all management levels and support employee forums and independent representation.
- - Provide a safe working environment and, where possible, support employees in their quest for a healthy lifestyle.
- - Improve our organisational learning and innovation by investing in employees' professional and personal education, training and development.
The Environment Around Us
We embrace our stewardship role and believe that we should leave a legacy for future generations. In order to achieve this we aim to:
- - Be a lean and enterprising organisation through the efficient use of natural resources such as energy, water and materials.
- - Minimise emissions and curb the production of waste and increase the recycling of waste.
- - Continue our work to improve the conservation and heritage of our natural and built environment.
The Wider Community
We recognise that vibrant and thriving communities play an important role in our estate. Our aim is to contribute to these communities vitality across our diverse portfolio. In order to achieve this we will continue to:
- - Sustain local communities by working with them in partnership and seeking the best opportunities for them.
- - Work with local communities to understand their priorities, particularly when undertaking employment.
- - Contribute to the provision of affordable housing.
- - Act as a good neighbour.
- - Support community initiatives that are consistent with our corporate responsibility objectives, including employee volunteering schemes.
Governance and Accountability
CPG fully endorses the CR policy and in order to ensure that we implement it effectively, the following arrangements exist:
- - A corporate responsibility committee chaired by the CEO, with responsibility for the CR strategy, meets on a quarterly basis
- - A corporate responsibility working group meets on (at least) a quarterly basis and is responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of our corporate responsibility strategy and overseeing the delivery of corporate responsibility objectives and targets.
- - The implementation of our corporate responsibility policy is driven by our implementation plan which defines the objectives and targets that we are seeking to achieve, together with specific responsibilities and deadlines for their completion.
- - An annual reporting cycle to keep our customers informed of the progress that we are making, and to account for our economic, social and environmental impacts.
Please contact us to find out more.