Sector: Location: Uk Job Ref: 10071
Stress Engineer - Marine - UK
Qualifications and experience
- As a Stress Engineer, you will undertake a broad range of mechanical assessments, including linear, non-linear and dynamic finite element analyses (2D, 3D, static and thermal); making use of industry-wide tools and codes (such as fracture mechanics and fatigue)
- You will develop and apply structural integrity assessment techniques to support the design, safety justification, in-service operation and manufacturing of current and future naval reactor plants.
- In addition to reporting and presenting the analysis results, this will often involve constructing an appropriate safety argument.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in mechanical engineering or a related discipline, you will have experience of finite element analysis and/or fracture mechanics methods applied to structural analysis.
- A strong background in one of the following areas would also be beneficial: fatigue assessment, probabilistic fracture mechanics, residual stress modelling, acoustic modelling, creep, impact, design-by-analysis, programming (for example FORTRAN).
- As you'll be working as part of a team, strong interpersonal and communication abilities including literacy skills are essential. You will possess problem solving skills plus a creative yet methodical approach.
Chartered status (or working towards it) of a relevant professional institute would be an advantage.
Salary 40000 - 50000
Job Added: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:39:03 GMT