Sector: Media Location: Job Ref: 10144
Desired Skills & Experience
• Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to work with. Keen commercial sense. High personal productivity: you are a doer first.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time.
• Motivated by ambitious goals and know what is needed to hit them
• Analytical. Comfortable with pulling data and building models.
• Exceptional leadership and management skills, combined with strong product vision.
• Enough technical depth to understand the complexity of implementing a feature or product
BONUS: Programming skills, Design and usability skills
This role could suit either an up-and coming product manager ready to step up to a bigger stage or a seasoned executive looking for new challenge. Either way, you will have bags of experience shipping quality products in a fast-paced environment using Agile/Scrum and have demonstrated success leading multi-functional teams to deliver large-scale projects.
• You will have min 5 years experience with increasing responsibilities in product management of software-based products and services ideally for a technology company with 100+ employees.
• You need to be able to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment and should ideally have experience building both enterprise and consumer web products.
BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or a related technical field, MBA a plus
- Leading & developing product strategy to deliver on our biz objectives
- Defining, own and prioritise the roadmap to realise product strategy based on short & long term business priorities and considering input from team
- Guide the requirements for everything we build, making sure that features are what our users want, that our designs are usable, and that requirements are optimised for getting something out the door fast. Defend against feature creep!
- Work with product development as part of an Agile software development process, making sure everyone involved (design, engineering, QA, etc.) has a crystal-clear understanding of what problems we’re trying to solve and the requirements at hand. Whether that’s through clickable prototypes, written specs, daily stand-ups - you’re not afraid to shake things up to make sure everyone is working efficiently towards a shared goal.
- Constant review of product portfolio against competitors, market research, technical developments and company own high standards to identify opportunities to enhance our products and customer experience.
- Recommend new products or product enhancements to maximise the life-time value of user, drive new customer acquisition and maintain a differentiated product.
- Recruit, lead, inspire, empower and organise a team of product managers, responsible for all aspects of business, ranging from researching new features, to usability improvements and goal optimisation.
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate
Job Added: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:34:51 GMT